Individual Membership Application
(1) Individual Membership Requirement
To become an EMSA member you must agree with the association’s environmental objective and approach. The association’s objectives and approach underpins improved environmental performance and the associated ability to attain strategic environmental outcomes.
The association’s strategic environmental outcomes are:
- Improved environmental performance
- Improved environment protection and biodiversity conservation
- Improved natural resource sustainability, and
- Improved relationships with local communities
As a member you are strongly encouraged to apply the following approach to environmental management:
- The principles of ecologically sustainable development
- International and national standards
- Codes of practice relevant to the industry sector
- Best practice environmental management guidelines, policies and tools relevant to the government or industry sector
- Regional, local and catchment plans to achieve targets therein
- State Environmental Planning (or Protection) Policies, and
- National Environmental Protection Measures
(2) Individual Commitment
(a) I support the Association’s approach to environmental management.
(b) I agree to use the EMSA Logo in accordance with the ‘EMSA Style Guide’.