Corporate Membership Application
(1) Corporate Membership Requirement
To become an EMSA corporate member, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or officer responsible for environmental management must sign this membership application, which commits the organisation to the Association’s objectives and approach. The association’s objectives and approach underpins improved environmental performance and the associated ability to attain strategic environmental outcomes.
The association’s strategic environmental outcomes for businesses, governments and communities are:
- Improved environmental performance
- Improved environment protection and biodiversity conservation
- Improved natural resource sustainability, and
- Improved relationships with local communities
The corporate member is strongly encouraged to apply the following approach to environmental management:
- The principles of ecologically sustainable development
- International and national standards
- Codes of practice relevant to the industry sector
- Best practice environmental management guidelines, policies and tools relevant to the government or industry sector
- Regional, local and catchment plans to achieve targets therein
- State Environmental Planning (or Protection) Policies, and
- National Environmental Protection Measures
Corporate membership will be revoked in the event of a breach to State Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) licensing agreements, regulations and/or environmental litigation brought forward to Court. In the event of these occurrences, corporate membership will be reinstated upon implementation of mitigation and/or remediation strategies – and agreed by the Association committee.
(2) Corporate Commitment
(a) I understand that the business has no outstanding environmental litigations.
(b) I support the Association’s approach to environmental management.
(c) I support the Association’s strategic environmental outcomes.
(d) I agree to use the EMSA Logo in accordance with the ‘EMSA Style Guide’.